Remember, Posture Perfection……..
1. Hamstring sweep stretch
2. Hip Flexor stretch – rest foot on opposite knee. Slight squat while pushing on bent knee. This is also good for balance, core and glute engagement and foot and ankle strength.
3. Foot strike walk – Keeping of toes, strike foot down with force. Feet should act like levers, with high force being put through feet. Main purpose is to strengthen bones in feet but balancing on your toes and on one foot while striking also engages core, glutes and lots of other muscles.
4. Marching knee drive – Rolling up onto the toe with one foot while driving the other leg into a 90 degree angle. Arms should go alongside in a running action. Because it is imitating a running action, it gets your brain used to that movement (sorry for lack of technical wording), meaning the right muscles are firing and less chance of injuries (Lots of injuries are caused by glutes not firing properly for example when they run).
5. Marching knee drive with hop – Same as before but with a little hop/skip, just adds more impact.
6. Leg extension swing down – Like the marching drill, but instead of keeping the driving leg bent you swing the leg out and down so you feel a stretch in the hamstring. The progress to this drill was just walking though it, swinging leg through and pulling it down with force – a little like a horse.
7. High knees – aim is doing it quickly up and down, but not along. They shouldn’t be moving forward at a fast pace. Get fast twitch muscles firing, and good one for engaging core.
8. Bum kick through – The weird one with your foot slightly hitting the bum, but bringing leg back through with high knee drive. Same as before, imitating running action. Not looking for over extension at the hip, kicking legs too far up back.
9. Straight leg scissors – These should be quite quick, foot should act like a lever like the foot strike drill.