Worstead ‘5’ – ARC 17/328 2017
The 29th Worstead ‘5’ – is a 5 mile race set on undulating roads that is suitable for novice and experienced runners alike aged 15 years plus. It kicks off the Worstead Festival – which this year is 52 years old. Tavern Tasty will be providing sustenance with burgers and hot dogs plus the festivals outside bar will be open meaning lots to keep spectators and runners happy.
Medals for all finishers and Trophies for Age Group Winners.
The village hall will be in use for registration, tea and coffee, bag storage and post-race massage with Up and Running Physio Team.
There are plenty of toilets but no changing facilities so please come changed!
The race is held under ARC Rules of Competition and has been officially measured at 5 miles (10/171) using the shortest route possible.
The start will be staggered by ability from veterans to joggers. The course will be marshalled and clearly signposted.
The race starts at the Village Square at 7pm. Only 19 on the day entries left last year so book early (it’s cheaper too). Collect race numbers on the night so come early.
The course, start and finish are the same as for 2016.
When: Friday 28th July 2017
Where: NR28 9SD
5.30pm – 6.30pm: Collect Race Numbers or Sign Up
7.00pm: Start of Worstead ‘5’ Race
Price: £10 – affiliated / £12 – unaffiliated
Prize giving will be outside the registration room at the Community Hall at approximately 8.30pm or earlier if results completed.
Enjoy the party whilst you wait.
– First 3 men/ ladies to finish
– First / Second / Third Male Vet 40 -44, 45 -49, 50 – 54, 55-59, 60-64,65+
– First / Second / Third Female Vet 35-39, 40-44, 45 – 49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
– First Male / Female Teams (3 to score)
– First Male and Female Worstead Resident Runner (Free Weekend Pass to the Festival)
Key Attractions: Warm up, live music, food and beer/drinks available from The White Lady.
Easy Access from main roads
Free parking – In Festival car park – follow signs
Toilet facilities. PLEASE come to the race changed, as there are NO changing facilities.
How to enter:
Online: go to http://my2.raceresult.com/73968/. Closing date: 27th July @1000
On the day (if not sold out): 1730-1830 (£2 extra)
By Train: Worstead is on the Bittern Line which runs between Sheringham and Norwich.
By Car: Worstead is just between the A149 (Cromer to Great Yarmouth) and the B1150 (Norwich to North Walsham).
Follow the signs to Worstead, Once you’re in the village follow the signs to the Car Park. Sat Nav: NR28 9SD.
By Plane: Worstead is just half an hour from Norwich Airport. Check here for details of where you can fly from.
Or if you’ve got your own plane, you can fly in to Northrepps International!
- If the Festival is cancelled due to the excessive rain making parking of 5000+ cars impossible we will still try and continue with the race, however the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions should circumstances require.
- The race starts prompt at 7pm on Friday 28th July 2017, you will need to register on the day of the race (we do this for safety reasons to know “who we need to account for” ). Registration will cease 30 minutes before the race starts, your race numbers and timing chips will be given to you at this time.
- Please note, entry fees are non refundable and non transferable.
- Timing Chips will be attached to your left shoe.
- The course is on open roads. Although the race route follows quiet roads, they are NOT CLOSED from traffic and are narrow! Please follow Marshal’s directions at all times and keep to the left!
- St Johns Ambulance will be present at the start/finish of the race. If you feel pain, experience dizziness or any other symptoms immediately stop running and seek help from a marshall.
- Headphones are banned from the race. Anyone seen wearing them will be disqualified and removed from the results.
- Runners must not be accompanies by a personally owned or controlled dog in the the race.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn.
- If you are unable to run on the day PLEASE DO NOT pass your race number to someone else. If this is identified, both the runner and ‘new runner’ will be banned from future races and referred to the permit regulators.
- Do not park in the village square, by the church, or in the Sports field. It is recommended that you share lifts!
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Results
- 2008 Results
- 2007 Results