Thank you for entering the 30th Worstead 5’Mile run.
Please note the following:
- Race HQ is Queen Elizabeth Hall, Ruin Road, Worstead, Nr North Walsham, NR28 9WH.
- Free Parking in festival car park – follow signs. Do not park in Village Hall car park.
- We encourage car sharing where possible. Please come changed as no changing facilities.
- Toilets, baggage storage, pre and post sports massage available.
- The race HQ is open from 5.30pm. Please collect your number and chip.Please fill out the medical details and information on the back of your number, and pin to the front of your top. Pins and pens etc. are available in the HQ. Please place a large cross on the front of your race number for existing medical conditions that require special attention (for e.g: epilepsy, diabetes or a history of heart problems). Registration closes 30 minutes before the start of the race (at 6.30pm).
- The race will start at 7pm prompt from Worstead Village Square. Any latecomers will not be allowed to run.
- Please note, entry fees are non refundable and non transferable.
- The course, start and finish are available on the NNBR website.
- Run Britain suggest that: Runners should not compete if they have suffered a fever or sickness in the last week.
- A mandatory briefing will be held at the start line at 6.45pm.
- The start line is split into pens (under 40 mins, over 40 mins). Please be realistic and place yourself in the appropriate pen ready to start.
- The course is on open roads. Although the race route follows quiet roads, they are NOT CLOSED from traffic and are narrow! Please follow Marshal directions at all times and keep to the left!
- First Aid responders will be present at the start/finish and route of the race.If you feel pain, experience dizziness or any other symptoms immediately stop running and seek help from a marshal.
- Be aware of the bollards and raised iron work around Max Carter Close – Marshals will point these out.
- Headphones are banned from the race (as it is on open roads where traffic may be present). If you are seen wearing them you will be disqualified and removed from the results.
- Runner must not be accompanied by a personally owned or controlled dog in the race.
- If you are unable to run on the day PLEASE DO NOT pass your race number to someone else. If this is identified, both the runner and ‘new runner’ will be banned from future races and referred to the permit regulators.
- When you cross the finish line – DO NOT STOP – Keep moving through the funnel. There will be a lot of finishers in a short space of time and the finish funnel needs to remain clear.
- Prizes will be awarded around 8.30pm, when a set of results has been published.
- First 3 men/ladies to finish
- First /Second Male Vet 40 -44, 45 -49, 50 – 54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69 and 65+
- First /Second Female Vet 35-39, 40-44, 45 – 49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64 and 65+
- First Male and Female Worstead Resident Runner
- Full provisional results will be available by/on (Chris please complete) shortly after the race.
There will be tea and coffee provided by the North Norfolk Beach Runners.
Friday 27th July 2018
Part of the Sportlink Grand Prix Series
RACE IS NOW FULL
Race starts 7pm sharp
Race HQ: Worstead, NR28 9RH
Minimum age17. Race cut off 6.30pm
Cash prizes will be allocated to groups as follows:
1/2/3 Men – £50, £25, £15
1/2/3 Women – sponsored by Norfolk Hideaways £50, £25, £15
1st and 2nd for each of the following age categories, men, £25, £15
40-44/ 45-49/50-54/ 55-59/ 60-74/ 65-69/ 70+
1st and 2nd for each of the following age categories, women, £25, £15
35-39/ 40-44/ 45-49/50-54/ 55-59/ 60-74/ 65+
The Race is part of the Sportlink Leathes Prior grand prix series
There will be a groovy 30th Anniversary medal and buff for every finisher
All funds raised will be split between Worstead Festival, which supports local charities, and NNBR
Thanks to our main sponsor Norfolk Hideaways
Race HQ: Worstead, NR28 9RH
Under a UK Athletics License.
For more information email: email@example.com
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Results
- 2008 Results
- 2007 Results