Sportlink pride themselves on delivering an outstanding customer service and it is their combined knowledge and experience which will ensure that you receive the very best professional advice when visiting the store.
Sportlink Running & Fitness….so very proud to sponsor the Grand Prix series whilst supporting Norfolk athletics and road running.
Run by Runners for Runners.
North Norfolk Beach Runners are excited to host the 33rd edition of the Worstead 5 mile race! The Worstead ‘5’ is a popular event suitable for all, and set on undulating local roads. We like the course so much, we also use it for our Club Handicap 5 mile race each year!
Places will be limited as there are a number of entrants with places already from the 2020 edition which we were unable to hold in person.
The race starts at 7pm in the Village square taking you out on country lanes for a mile before turning towards Sloley where you complete a loop before heading back to the Village square for cheering crowds and the finish line. You can also expect good support from the local residents from the surrounding area on your way around the course. Please be aware that although the race follows quiet roads, they are not closed to traffic.
* Minimum age is 16 years old, on race day
* Free car parking is available. Use Post Code NR28 9SD, and then follow the signs on the day. Please consider car sharing where possible
* Race numbers to be collected on day of event. You will be required to write your name, any medical conditions, emergency contact name and number on the back of your race bib
* Race numbers must be visible while racing. Please remember to bring safety pins to attach your race number
* The race is held under ARC Rules of Competition
* The race is chip timed. Timing chips will be incorporated into your race bib
* The course will be marshalled by friendly faces, and clearly signposted
* Please follow Marshal’s instructions out on the course, and keep left
* Unfortunately no pets, prams or wheelchairs
First Aid/Medical cover will be present at the start/finish of the race. If you feel pain, experience dizziness or any other symptoms immediately stop running and seek help from a marshal.
* Water will be provided free of charge at the half way mark, please do not litter the course
* Headphones are banned from the race. Anyone seen wearing them will be disqualified and removed from the results
* Appropriate footwear should be worn
* If you are unable to run on the day, transfers are available on the website until 22nd July. After this date, PLEASE DO NOT pass your race number to someone else. If this is identified, both the runner and ‘new runner’ will be disqualified, banned from future races and referred to the permit regulators
* The organisers accept no responsibility for runners vehicles, contents, or baggage
P.S. If you’re looking to join a club and enjoyed our friendly faces, we train at Cromer on Tuesday and Thursday at 1830. Come give us a try with up to three free taster sessions!
Entries are non-refundable and unfortunately cannot be deferred but transfers are available until midnight on 22/07/2022.
- 2019 Results
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Results
- 2008 Results
- 2007 Results